August 26, 2008

Back from the dead

Hi readers. I figure it's high time to resurrect this blog after six months of lifelessness. Rather than do a painstakingly long overview of six months, I will instead post six pictures accompanied by six haiku to sum up my experience.

March:

Sorry, no picture.
Camera stolen by punk kids.
Still had good times, though.

April:



Look at these winners!
Nothing like good wholesome sport
with your friends in France.

May:



Too many goodbyes
kept us at the train station.
Good thing there was beer.

June:



Wrapping up French life
is messy. Michael Scott makes
it much easier.

July:



Met lots of nice folks
while traveling through Europe.
Some got a bit fresh.

August:



The view from my room:
Mediterranean Sea.
Who lives like this? Me!


...and that about wraps up life in Europe. I almost feel as if I communicated more in those six haiku than I could have in six paragraphs. Perhaps future blog posts will show up in haiku form...

I arrived back in the states the 20th and am now just chillin', trying to craft some sort of a plan for the next step. Really just trying to take the next step. Who needs a plan, anyway?

2 comments:

Sunny Days said...

Yuuuuppppiiiii!!!! I was on the verge of deleting your blog from my list, but a little voice in my head said not to give up on ya ;-) Best of luck with the next adventures ... keep writing about them! I'll be thinking of you when I'm in Paris next weekend ....

Christine said...

Glad to hear that you're back! Now I can keep tabs on you again. You know, April did involve me, but I'll let it slide this time; it's hard to sum up all that we did in the form of a(n?) Haiku.