June 23, 2010

I'm a free woman!

I am officially unemployed. Today was my last day of work at the organization where I have spent the last nearly 16 months of my 9-5, Mon-Fri life. Which, by the way, is the longest I've been employed anywhere. So, it felt rather odd to suddenly wrap up 16 months of work and relationships and say goodbye to the people I've shared that with, most of who I may very well never see again.

Man, oh man - at the same time, it's starting to feel good. I can feel the juices flowing again - I'm blogging already (which you all know well is rare), I'm free to accomplish the things that I need to accomplish, I can walk the lake when I want. It's going to be glorious for the three weeks that I have to savor it.

But who am I kidding, really? After three weeks I head the NYC to visit friends and then Boston for two weeks of JVC training, and then finally Micronesia on August 1st. I may only have three weeks of "days off", but I've got two years full of untold adventure and new experience waiting for me. Not bad, right?

I'm off to enjoy my first evening of unemployment - a glass of white wine and So You Think You Can Dance with my roomie.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Since you are free lets get lunch or walk Greenlake or something since I am also a "free woman" aside from a few seemingly random commitments.

Meghan said...

Yes, let's! When are you free?

Laurel said...

Next week I am free during the week Monday and Thursday. The week after I don't have anything planned.